Sundays are usually quite dull where I live now.. I usually wake up to an empty house, my roommates like to go to Delaware on Sundays... Delaware is just about the last place I choose to go to in my free time.. But to each their own.. So I'm usually by myself all day on Sunday, sometimes calling people to see what they're doing..
It's only 1230 in the afternoon, so most of my friends are probably sleeping anyway..
So far today, I've had four cups of Maxwell House Coffee... Heavily doctored of course, because who can honestly tell me that they can drink that stuff black... Gross, but its my one of roommates favorite brand... I think she might be an alien..
I made eggs for breakfast today; I don't usually eat breakfast.. I can't cook well, but for some reason I don't screw up eggs.. Well, scrambled eggs, at least.. If you ask me for "Over Medium" I would probably go through 2 or three cartons to cook you one.. That's my favorite way to order them too, one would think I'd try to learn...
I decided to try to quit smoking again, this week.. I haven't had one since Wednesday, and for a few days there, I wanted to DESTROY EVERYTHING.. I've been chewing about three times the recommended dosage of wal-mart brand nicotine gum, but it didn't seem to help.. I'm doing a bit better now, but I know its going to be a rough road... I've been in this situation before, but this time seems to be the hardest.. Being an addict is not as cool as its cracked up to be..
I have been smoking regularly since I was 16 years old.. I don't know why I started.. At first only one of my friends was a smoker.. Until I started smoking with him, and then a few more friends did... There's the peer pressure stuff... but this is what I don't understand..
At 16, it was illegal to buy cigarettes.. You get carded, and you cant show them your ID, so you go to the gas station across the street.. If that one doesn't work, there were about 8 more within walking distance that you could go to that might sell to you.. It was like gambling, and when you lost, it was embarrassing.. This is the first difficulty of a young prospective young smoker..
Having a full beautiful beard at such a young age, prevented me from having such difficulties, most of the time..
This is the big one.. When you start smoking, you can only smoke so much.. Everyone else around seems to be smoking so many more cigarettes, so you know that you have to keep up, or else you might not be as cool as them.. To start, you might only to be able to handle a few cigarettes in a given period, or else you start to get sick.. The feeling is horrible.. One too many drags, and my face would turn pale, my lungs would burn, my stomach would knot, and all I wanted to do was throw up and go to bed.. This would go on for a few weeks, every time I started smoking, and quit and started again, and quit.. But no, this did not make me want to quit, really... I persevered.. I became awesome at smoking, right? Of course I did...
In my opinion, this was one of THE DUMBEST THINGS I HAVE DONE IN MY LIFE.. 7 years later, I cant stop smoking, I smoke more and more.. Its not even a social thing anymore, I do it on my own, just to make the time pass.. Ive been working out, running, and all kinds of exercises, but I have to stop constantly because I can't breath, and my breath stinks, my hands stink, my clothes stink, my car stinks, and I WANT ALL OF THIS TO GO AWAY, so this time, I am determined to quit and I don't want to smoke anymore, its a disgusting habit, girls don't like it, its hurting me, probably turning me into a cancer, and its not going away easy...
Ill pray, maybe God will help me out this time..
I don't know how I turned this into an anti-smoking advertisement, but I just wanted to let you know what I'm dealing with, this particular weekend.... I don't have much going on lately, with the Experience over, and the end of the month rush for guitars built.. actually this week seems like its going to be quite lazy, production wise, because they haven't really found a way to constantly get me guitars to build.. I'm a bit faster than the last couple guys before me, but its nice to be able to relax at work, knowing its not all coming down on me for once..
I'll hopefully be in Michigan Saturday morning, so hopefully Ill have a chance to see all of you.. Jordan is home too, and I'll be sure to make him be social.. He just finished his tour in Iraq, so everyone be sure to give him a big hug, or something, even though he might be a little too "battle hardened" to accept such loving gestures.. haha, we shall see...
Love, Jake
Creatures for Valentine's Day
6 years ago

See you this weekend. Your dad mentioned the guitar exchange to get the repairs done. Sounds good. I may see if I can borrow one with a pickup in it though for playing at church. I'll let you know. peace.
ReplyDelete