After I glued the neck in the body, I was pretty impatient so I put all the hardware on and strung it up just to hear what it sounded like.. Really good is what I was told.. Sometimes I wish everyone could be this awesome jk.. I took all the parts off and sanded it clean, and put a few coats of stain on..
That's how it turned out after sanding out all of the stain about 4 or 5 times, because I was being super anal about the color.. The sides were stained black, and it faded to a kind of transparent gray, and I am really happy with the way the color turned out, so I put a few coats of Formby's tung oil all over the whole guitar.. It has a dull satin look to it, but what I really like about it is the texture.. It's very smooth and your hands can just glide freely up and down the neck.. I don't like the way most modern finishes feel.. After playing for a while, my hands like to stick to the finish, so in my opinion the tung oil is very nice, especially for the neck..
After it dried, I wired up the electronics, put the hardware back on, and strung it up.. Then I took it over to the amp department at work, and cranked it up to 11.. Fun stuff..
You are the best, exotic guitar maker in the world and a sweetheart to call me and say Gramma look what I made!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it. It looks amazing. Truly. And I love the final color. I'm so proud of my very own luthier :D
ReplyDeleteThat is a stunningly beautiful guitar. It's so amazing you can make that. It blows me away.
ReplyDeletethanks, you guys!
ReplyDelete