Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Project

Hi there..

In an effort to keep my spirits up, I've been trying to keep busy so I don't tend to make myself depressed, because I have a tendency to do that.. Have you ever noticed that the more you complain, the worse things start to get? Well thats how it works for me.. AAAAAnyway, thats kinda why I've been neglecting this thing.. Things are good... My girlfriend is awesome, my job is not killing me, and I have kind of a lot going on.. I sold a couple guitars, which brings me to my next thing.. I'm building my first guitar from scratch outside of luthier school.. It began a few weeks ago, so I'm kind of behind on the pictures, because I just thought the other day, "you know, my friends might like to see this.."

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures, and I will attempt to keep up with the blog this time..




This one is my neck.. Ive already done a bunch of work to it, but right now the fretboard is being clamped up..



This is going to be the top, I wet it down a little to show the flame... this is what PRS scrap wood looks like.. hahaha


Now I havent completely decided what the body is going to look like, but this is kind
of a rough outline..

4 comments:

  1. Looks kind of like an SG. Is this going to be electric or acoustic? It looks electric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right now im building an electric.. I have enough wood for about 3 guitars but I dont know what im going to do with the rest... I do miss my SG very much, and kind of wanted to make something similar in appearance and feel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really nice! What is an SG?

    ReplyDelete